Date of Inception:
October 6, 2004
Number of Members:
111 (as of August 2012)
- TOPS Symposium on “Terrorism and Countering Violent Extremism” (September 2011) [Article 1]
- TOPS Symposium on “Border Security, Terrorism, and National Security Strategy” (February 2010) [Article 1]
- Capacity-Building Workshop (February 2010)
- East Africa Chapters Regional Conference on “Developing a Regional Security Strategy for East Africa” (August 2009)
- Community Leadership Conference (August 2008)
- TOPS Symposium on “National Security Strategy and the Interagency Process” (August 2008)
- Community Leadership Conference (September 2007)
- TOPS Symposium on “Media and Security” (August 2007)
- General Assembly (May 2006)
- Chapter Launch (October 2004)
Justice Steven KAVUMA
Colonel Charles BAKAHUMURA has been promoted to the rank of Brigadier General and appointed Chief of Military Intelligence for the Uganda People’s Defence Force (UPDF). He previously served as the UPDF’s Chief of Personnel. General Bakahumura attended the Next Generation of African Military Leaders course in July 2007 and served as a guest speaker at the African Executive Dialogue in November 2011.
Major General Kale KAYIHURA, the Inspector General of Police, has been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General. General Kayihura attended Golden Spear in July 2002.
Colonel Leo KYANDA has been promoted to the rank of Brigadier General and appointed Chief of Personnel of the Uganda People’s Defense Force. He previously served as the Defense Attaché of Uganda to the United States. General Kyanda attended the Senior Leaders Seminar in June 2006.
Brigadier General James MUGIRA has been appointed to oversee the ammunition department at Luwero Industries. He previously served as the Chief of Military Intelligence for the Uganda People’s Defence Force. General Mugira attended the Senior Leaders Seminar in June 2010.
Colonel David MUHOOZI has been promoted to the rank of Brigadier General and appointed Commander of the Air Defence Unit in Nakasongola. He previously served as the Brigade Commander for the Mechanised Division in Masaka. General Muhoozi attended the Preventing Terrorism workshop in April 2011.
Major General Jim OWOYESIGIRE, the Commander of the Uganda Peoples Defence Air Force, has been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General. General Owoyesigire attended the African Air Chiefs conference in April 2011.
H.E. Amama Mbabazi has been appointed Prime Minister of Uganda. He remains a Member of Parliament, retaining the seat he has held since 2003 as the representative for the Kinkiizi West consitutency in the Kunungu District. Prior to this appointment, he served as Minister for Security (February 2009–May 2011) and as Secretary General of the National Resistance Movement political party (June 2010–June 2011). Mr. Mbabazi attended two Golden Spear programs, in 2000 and 2003.