Beyond the technical aspects of resource management, the Africa Center’s Managing Security Resources in Africa program aims to ensure that a country’s national security goals are achieved through better management of scare security resources.
One of the Africa Center’s longest-running academic programs, Managing Security Resources in Africa seeks to:
- Enhance capacity among Africa’s civilian and military officials responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of security sector budgets
- Promote the adoption of best practices for the management of security resources across Africa, with effective democratic oversight
- Identify key policy, institutional and capacity gaps
- Stimulate innovative thinking in the areas of policy development, process efficiency, and practical research
- Inform policy debate relating to the allocation and utilization of national resources