Date of Inception:
May 23, 2008*
*Second joint ACSS-APCSS Chapter (For more information about APCSS, please visit www.apcss.org.)
Number of Members:
73 (as of July 2011)
- TOPS Symposium on “Security Sector Reform in a Democracy,” on “Illicit Trafficking,” and on “Disaster Management” (July 2011)
- Community Leadership Conference (April 2010)
- TOPS Symposium on “Peacekeeping,” on “Narcotics Trafficking and Interdiction,” and on “Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing Strategies” (March 2009)
- TOPS Symposium on “National Security Strategy Development and Maritime Security” and on “Strategies for Fighting Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated Fishing” (May 2008)
- Chapter Launch (May 2008)
Deputy Commissioner of Police Rampersad SOOROOJEBALLY
Mr. Chandan Ramkeelawon has been promoted to Superintendent of Police in the Mauritius Police Force. He also completed a degree in Legal Studies and Management from the University of Mauritius. Mr. Ramkeelawon participated in the 2006 Next Generation of African Military Leaders Course. He is a member of the Mauritius Community Chapter.
Assistant Superintendent of Police Chandan Ramanand Ramkeelawon obtained his degree in Legal Studies and Management from the University of Mauritius in October. He is currently the Station Commander of the Police in the Metropolitan South Division of Port Louis. He also participated in the 2006 Next Generation of African Military Leaders Course and is a member of the Mauritius Chapter.
Assistant Commissioner of Police Premananda Appadoo now works in the Mauritius Police Force’s Anti-Drug and Smuggling Unit. He previously served as the Divisional Commander of the Metropolitan Division. ACP Appadoo attended the Managing Security Resources in Africa Seminar in 2007 and serves as the Acting Secretary of the Mauritius Chapter.