April 29, 2021
The Africa Center for Strategic Studies (ACSS) and the African Centre for the Study and Research on Terrorism (ACSRT/CAERT) will convene an academic webinar that explores the latest research related to the effectiveness of P/CVE and CT interventions aimed at disengaging violent extremists in conflict-affected settings. The webinar provides an opportunity to fill in the knowledge gaps as well as strengthen the emerging evidence base about what works and what does not in facilitating the disengagement of members of violent extremist groups.
This online conversation will:
- Provide greater clarity on what works and does not in disengaging violent extremists in conflict-affected settings.
- Explain the various steps on the journey from disengagement to rehabilitation in conflict-affected settings.
- Provide recommendations on how to strengthen a program like Nigeria’s Operation Safe Corridor.
- Martine Zeuthen, “Reintegration: Disengaging Violent Extremists,” Policy and Operations Evaluation Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, February 2021.
- “An Exit from Boko Haram? Assessing Nigeria’s Operation Safe Corridor,” Crisis Group, March 19, 2021.
- Mr. Nnamdi Obasi
- Ms. Martine Zeuthen
Dr. Anouar Boukhars