The Africa Center for Strategic Studies (ACSS) and the African Centre for the Study and Research on Terrorism (ACSRT/CAERT) will convene an academic webinar that explores new insights into the strategies and innovative programs adopted by both state and non-state actors in implementing countering violent extremism in Mauritania, Nigeria, and Kenya. The webinar provides an opportunity to share lessons learnt about the most promising practices and known pitfalls in in preventing and countering violent extremism and terrorism.
This online conversation will:
- Examine the factors that have enabled Mauritania to keep terrorism at bay.
- Provide new insights into how some communities in Nigeria have managed to push back against violent extremism
- Highlight some of the innovative programs that state and non-state actors have taken to prevent violent extremism in some localities in Kenya
- Anouar Boukhars, “Keeping Terrorism at Bay in Mauritania,” Africa Center for Strategic Studies, June 16, 2020.
- Akinola Olojo, “Making sense of resilience in the Boko Haram crisis,” Institute for Strategic Studies, June 2020.
- Romi Sigsworth, Akinola Olojo and Zaina Kombo, “Resilience and dialogue: preventing violent extremism in Nairobi, Wajir and Kwale Counties in Kenya,” November 2020, Institute for Strategic Studies, June 2020.
- Dr. Anouar Boukhars
- Dr. Akinola Olojo
- Ms. Romi Sigsworth
Mr. Idriss Lallali