Date of Inception:
April 24, 2010
Number of Members:
105 (as of August 2012)
- TOPS Symposium on “Natural Resources and Conflict Prevention. ” (May 2013)
- TOPS Symposium on “Security Sector Reform and Peacekeeping Operations” and on “Narcotics Trafficking” (February 2011)
- Capacity-Building Workshop (May 2010)
- TOPS Symposium on “Maritime Security in Eastern Africa and U.S. Government Programs” (April 2010)
- TOPS Symposium on “Effective Framework for Anti-Money Laundering” (March 2009)
- Community Leadership Conference (August 2008)
- TOPS Symposium on “The Role of the Media in Conflicts” and on “National Security Strategy Development and Maritime Security” (June 2008)
Professor Eginald MIHANJO
Major Idd Said Nkambi has been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and now serves as a UN Military Observer in Sudan. He previously served in the Tanzania Peoples Defence Forces’ 303 Infantry Battalion Group. Lieutenant Colonel Nkambi attended the Next Generation of African Military Leaders Course in February 2009.
Ambassador Dr. Mohammed O. MAUNDI has been appointed Director of the Mozambique-Tanzania Centre for Foreign Relations, a government institution that trains nationals of Tanzania, Mozambique, and other African countries in the fields of international relations and diplomacy. He previously served as the Tanzanian Ambassador to Ethiopia. Dr. Maundi attended the Senior Leader Seminar in 2003.
Major General Charles Makakala has been appointed to the first Commandant of Tanzania’s newly established National Defence College. He previously served as the Secretary for Planning and Development for the Tanzania Peoples Defence Force. General Makakala attended the Senior Leaders Seminar in 2001, the Community Leadership Conference in 2008, and the Maritime Safety and Security Seminar in 2010. He serves as the Secretary of the Tanzania Community Chapter.