Date of Inception:
March 3, 2007
Number of Members:
62 (as of July 2011)
- TOPS Symposium on “Disaster Management” and “Post-Conflict Reconstruction” (February 2010)
- Capacity-Building Workshop (February 2010) [Article 1]
- Community Leadership Conference (August 2008)
- Community Leadership Conference (September 2007)
- Chapter Launch (March 2007)
Mr. Ahmed Djama GUEDI
Mr. Abdi Houssein Ahmed has been appointed the new Minister of Culture, Communication, Posts, & Telecommunication, and the new Djibouti Government Spokesperson. He previously served as a Technical Advisor at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Minister Ahmed attended the Senior Leaders Seminar in 2007 and 2010. His predecessor, H.E. Ali Abdi FARAH attended two Golden Spear programs in 2000 and 2003 and is a founding member of the Djibouti Chapter, for which he served as the Honorary President.
Mr. Hassan Darar Houfaneh has been appointed the new Minister of Interior and Decentralization. He previously served as the Prefect for the Arta Region, a position that reports to the Ministry of Interior and Decentralization. Minister Houfaneh serves on the Executive Committee of the Djibouti Chapter and, in that capacity, attended the Community Leadership Conference in 2008.